Degree Audit FAQs

Degree Audit FAQs

Q: What is a degree audit?
A: An audit is a review of past and current coursework that provides information on a student's completed and remaining requirements necessary to complete a particular set of curriculum requirements (degree/major/minor/concentration).

Q:  What does the asterisk (*) after a course on the course listing mean?
A:  This means that the course as at least one pre-requisite that must be met.  Click on the course link to open the catalog listing and see the list of pre-requisites.

Q: Can I access my audit on any computer?
A: Yes. The degree audit is a web-based tool accessible through any web browser. Anywhere that you can login to MAX, you can access your audit.

Q: Is my information confidential?
A: Yes. Like all other processes that you access through MAX or MyVille, Degree Audits are accessed through your secure login. Just like your other academic information, your advisor, faculty and selected staff members of Millersville University will also be able to view the information contained in the Degree Audit.

Q: Who can access Degree Audits?
A: Currently, Degree Audits are available to all admitted degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students.  Audits are not currently available for prospective students, post-baccalaureate or post-master's certification or certificate programs or non-degree students. Advisors, faculty and selected staff members have access to audits for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic program.

Q: How current will my information be in the Degree Audit?
A: The information on your degree audit is dynamically refreshed. This means anytime a change is made to your record (drop or add a class, add or change a major/minor or concentration, etc) it will be available as soon as you log back into your audit.  For new students, audits will be available the day after your deposit has been paid (for undergraduate students) or you have confirmed acceptance of your offer of admission (graduate students).

Q: Can I register for classes from my Degree Audit?
A: No. You can use the course link to view available sections and CRNs for schceduled courses within your audit, but registration will continue to be handled through the Registration link in MAX.

Q: Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?
A: Yes. Your degree audit is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, minor, concentration and general education requirements as they apply to  your specific program. Look for the unchecked boxes to identify still needed requirements.  You can also collapse your audit to only show still needed requirements using the "Registration Checklist" view. Under Format on the Worksheets view, you can select Registration Checklist from the pulldown menu, and then click on the View button.

Q: When can I see my grades on my Degree Audit?
A: Grades are viewable on the degree audit after grades have been processed for the semester.  Grades will not appear on the audit as they are entered by your professor, you will only see them once the grading period for the University has ended for a term.  Courses in-progress are listed with a grade of "IP".

Q: Can I just see a list of all the classes I've taken?
A: Yes.  On the Worksheets tab, click on the "Class History" link to view a list of your completed and in-progress courses by term.

Q: What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?
A: You should consult with your academic advisor for a review of your audit. If you need an exception, that must be processed through the appropriate approvals per the Exception to Graduation Requirements. If you believe that the audit is producing an error, please have your advisor email

Q: Why is my information not updated on my audit?
A: Since the audit is dynamically refreshed, your information should be accurate to date.  However, depending on the change, your paperwork may take some time to process.  For example, Exceptions must be routed through your advisor, department chair and dean before reaching the Registrar's office for processing. Change of major forms are processed in Academic Advisement.  Official transcripts must be received and processed for transfer courses.  Items like this will appear on your audit as soon as they are processed, but please be patient as your paperwork makes it through the process.

Q: How can I update my information?
A: You cannot update information on your audit.  To change your major, minor or concentration, please complete the appropriate paperwork with Academic Advisement.

Q: If I have questions about my Degree Audit, who should I contact?A:  If your question is in regard to your academic requirements, please contact your academic advisor.  If you have a question about reading items on your audit, please see the student help sheet.  If your question is not answered here, you may email for assistance.