The Green to Gold two-year non-scholarship option is available to soldiers who have completed two years of college and who can complete their college degree requirements in two years.
Benefits for Green to Gold non-scholarship cadets.
- A monthly stipend of up to $350 for up to 10 months each school year (depending on whether the student is a college junior or senior.
- Pay for attending the ROTC Advanced Camp between the junior and senior year of college.
- And if qualified, your Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- School / State / Reserve Forces Duty Benefits.
Non-scholarship Green to Gold members can participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program which is commonly referred to as SMP. As SMPs, soldiers are members of either a drilling Reserve or Guard unit and ROTC. SMPs are entitled to Reserve Component pay of an E-5 under this program.
Many states offer tuition assistance to Reserve and National Guard soldiers.
In addition to the financial incentives, soldiers receive additional benefits as ROTC cadets. These benefits include:
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS