General Education Overview: Pre-Summer 2008
Please note: This overview is for students starting before Summer 2008
General Education Rules of Thumb
- Only approved General Education (GenEd) courses may be used
- Courses should be picked in consultation with your adviser
- Two Courses in the same department in each block (G1, G2, G3)
- Three Courses at 200 level or above
- Four "W" Courses in any block
- An "AW" Course is NOT the same as a "W" Course
- Some courses can count twice (e.g., major required related and General Education; 200-level G1 and W, etc.)
Other Sources of Help
- Your Advisor
- The advisors and other staff at Academic Advisement
- Millersville's Website
- DARS (Degree Audit Report System)
General Education Blocks
- Four Writing Intensive(W) Courses
- One Upper Level Writing(AW) Course
- One Perspectives Course
- Communication & Theatre
- Foreign Languages & Humanities
You must take at least two courses from these departments (including at least one lab):
- Earth Sciences
All students must take at least one approved math course.
- Math 100 or higher (not including Math 101)
- Some majors (e.g., El Ed, OSEH, Biology, etc.) require one or more specific math courses.
- Math 101 (College Algebra) does not count in this block.
- Computer Science courses do not count as math or physical/life science.
- African-American Studies
- Business Administration
- Government & International Studies
- Social Work/Gerontology
- Women's Studies