The Center For Academic Excellence (CAE) will support faculty in their efforts to achieve and sustain excellence in their teaching by:
- Providing faculty with opportunities for professional and personal growth through a variety of seminars and discussion groups.
- Providing individual consultation regarding new courses, adapting courses to the web, or adding new media components to an existing course.
- Providing faculty with resources for developing towards their teaching goals -- including articles, books, and websites that will be available at the CAE.
- LEARNER-CENTERED TEACHING - This link takes you to two Powerpoint Presentations (5MG file) used by Dr. Carol Hurney when she visited Millersville University in October 2010 to discuss learner-centered teaching.
- Instructional Technology Tips (The 8 Blog) by Dr. Oliver Dreon, Educational Foundations
See also the Resources page.
Dr. John Wallace
Professor, Biology Department
Photo by Blaine T. Shahan, Lancaster Sunday News
The Educator of the Year Award Committee is pleased to announce the selection of Dr. John Wallace as the 2011-12 Educator of the Year.
Dr. Wallace has been an educator in the Biology Department at Millersville University since 1998. He teaches a variety of courses in Biology, Entomology, and Ecology, and is widely recognized for his research expertise in Medical Entomology and Stream Ecology. Dr. Wallace’s commitment to student learning is demonstrated by his constant supervision and collaborative efforts with students on research projects, many resulting in presentations and peer-reviewed publications. Beyond his exemplary instruction in the classroom and laboratory, he has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to Millersville as an adviser to several students clubs and organizations.
The Educator of the Year Award is given annually to one faculty/staff member in recognition of sustained outstanding teaching to include counseling, mentoring, and advising of the undergraduate and graduate students at Millersville University. We are pleased to recognize Dr. Wallace as this year’s Educator of the Year.
Members of the Educator of the Year Award Committee include: Dr. Kathy Brabson (Alumni), Dr. Laurie B. Hanich, chair (Educational Foundations), Dr. Carrie Smith (Sociology/Anthropology), Dr. Michelle White (Academic Advising), Ms. Candace Williams (Graduate Student), Dr. Yuan Zhong (Biology).
Congratulations to Dr. John Wallace, Millersville University's 2011-2012 Educator of the Year!