What is Counseling?
Our primary purpose is to help students make the most of their college experiences. Counseling is a process in which a counselor and a student work together to resolve issues that are of concern to the student.
In order to get the most from this experience, the student must be an active participant in establishing what goals are important, exploring potential solutions, and experimenting with more effective ways of perceiving or behaving.
These are issues that college students sometimes encounter and for which they might want to seek counseling:
What about you?
- Feeling tense, worried, depressed?
- Feeling discouraged, confused?
- Concerned about alcohol/drug usage?
- Eating or body image concerns?
- Feeling lonely or alienated?
- Trouble with parent or partner?
- Uncertain about personal relationships?
- Want to understand yourself better?
You might be interested in our helpful links to more information about alcohol & drug issues, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, suicide and other topics.