Teamwork is a very important part of a college education. Learning how to work with others and give of yourself are qualities found in the best leaders. The commitment found in the Greek community at Millersville can be seen in the enthusiasm gained from giving back to their campus and community through philanthropic projects.
No other university entity consistently dedicates more resources to charitable causes than Millersville's Greek community. Most fraternities and sororities have a philanthropy that they serve on a continuous basis. Students volunteer their time to raise awareness and funds for a variety of national and local issues.
Millersville Greek students are dedicated to service. From volunteering across Lancaster county to giving blood and raising money for charity, Greek organizations work together to help local and national charitable causes. These activities give Greek members a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in knowing that they are able to make a difference in their communities.
- Each semester, Greeks contribute to many charitable organizations.
- Each semester, Greeks contribute a countless amount of hours of service to the local community.
- There are philanthropic and community service events planned nearly every weekend of the fall and spring semester, through the fraternities and sororities and through the Office of Civic and Community Engagement (CCERP) office on campus.
- Millersville Greeks raise money and awareness by:
- Participating in the Charity King and Queen competition each year.
- Participating in campus wide events, such as "Into the Streets".
- Running in marathons.
- Hosting blood drives.
- Volunteering at retirement homes, schools, agencies, and in the community.
- Collecting needed items for the homeless and less fortunate people of our community.
- Many national Greek organizations on campus have national charities that they contribute to annually.
- You can get involved by asking the fraternities and sororities about their community service and philanthropic activities and how you can be involved.