Millersville University Experiential Learning and Career Management is here to serve students, alumni and employers with high quality career programs and to provide students with work-based experience and employment opportunities. We serve employers and organizations who are seeking to fill full-time permanent salaried positions and/or experiential opportunities, such as internships, service-learning or volunteer endeavors. If your organization seeks students, graduating seniors or alumni with an excellent education and potential for success, let us help you connect with our pool of talented students to achieve your recruiting goals. Each year more than 230 companies and organizations benefit from the talent, energy and knowledge of Millersville University students. Get connected with our students by posting available job and internship positions in CareerConnection. Check out our Events Calendar and be sure to participate in our annual Career Week events!
Interested in employing graduating seniors or alumni?
Post your position openings on CareerConnection.
Not interested in logging and creating an account through CareerConnection? Click here to fill out a job description form and we will post your opening for you.
As an employer you have two ways to connect with students on campus.
Information tables in high traffic areas of the campus
On-campus interviewing with current students
To take advantage of these services, contact Sue Hess at 717-872-3774. Sue will assist you with scheduling a date to visit campus and explain the process on how to best connect with MU students.
How can I host a MU intern?
- Post your position openings in Career Connection.
- When approved as academically viable, the job is advertised to students.
- Please note: We are not able to accept internship opportunities with home-based businesses/organizations. If you require any further clarification of this policy, please contact our office directly.
- As students indicate interest in your position, we email their rèsumès to you.
- You screen, interview and hire as you would any new employee.
- During the course of the semester, the employer will guide the student by:
- Providing training, mentoring and supervision for the intern student
- Provide a supervised learning experience that helps the student grow in his or her field.
- Encourage professionalism by assisting the intern student in developing communication, interpersonal, decision-making and other skills
- Provide opportunities for increased responsibility, keeping the intern student directed toward accomplishing her/his learning objectives
- Assignments should be meaningful, challenging and related directly to the student's curriculum and career goals.
- Maintain an open channel of communication with regular meetings.
- Expose the student to professional surroundings.
- Have a genuine interest in the progressive development of student potential.
- Meet with the student's faculty supervisor during the semester.
- Prepare and return a final evaluation of student's performance approximately two weeks prior to the student's departure date ( may also use employer-established standard evaluation methods).
- Allow for student leave time to attend university-sponsored programs and academic, registration functions.
- Employers may host an intern during the fall (August/September to December), spring (December/January to May) or summer (May/June to August) semesters.
- Employers are strongly advised to advertise positions/recruit students at least one semester prior to the experience.
- Students must work a minimum of 15 hours per week for a total minimum of 225 hours per semester to earn academic credits for the experience.
- By partnering with the academic internship program, your position(s) will be advertised to students who will earn course credits for completion of the internship experience.
CLICK HERE for more information about the academic internship program.
Volunteer Central is Millersville University's connection to community and academic partnerships for students, faculty, and staff. We facilitate civic engagement services including community service, service-learning, and federal work study opportunities. Civic engagement is all about getting engaged with your community - right here in Millersville and Lancaster, or with a national or international program. We are here to help you connect with, build, and sustain meaningful service initiatives. Our office is located in the Huntington House. Come visit us to consult with a member from our staff so we can help meet your needs. If you would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling our office at 717-872-3774.