Scholarships & Awards for Summer Internships
Susquehanna Bank has generously contributed funds to Millersville University to support students who choose to provide service to the community in the form of an internship in a nonprofit or government agency. This enables the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management (ELCM) to offer an award to selected students who are completing an academic internship during a summer semester in an unpaid position at a nonprofit or government agency.
This year, three summer 2013 interns will receive a $1,500 award. We are pleased to continue offering the award to students each year. The application deadline is 4:00 p.m., Friday, April 26.
Please click HERE for the Award Guidelines and Application, available for summer 2013 interns.
General eligibility requirements include:
- Completion of 60 credits
- Current enrollment as a student at Millersville University
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- A confirmed, non-paid summer internship at a nonprofit or government agency where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work
- Evidence that the student has registered the internship for academic credits through the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management.
Here's how to get started:
- Complete the Online Orientation for Internships
- Secure an upaid internship with a non-profit or governmental organization
- Meet qualifying agencies and organizations at the Job & Internship Fair on Thursday, April 4th.
- Schedule and attend an Internship Registration session with the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management.
- Complete Award Application by April 26, 2013.
For more information about the Susquehanna Bank Nonprofit Internship Award, please contact Intern Email or 717-872-3774.
Jeffrey Grey, Berwick, PA, Music Business & Technology Major, Internship Assignment-WVIA HomeGrown Studio
Meta Griffin, Avondale, PA, Environmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-Tri-State Rescue and Research, Inc.
Alexa Rose Kramer, Pine Grove, PA, Environmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-Schuylkill County Conservation District
Jennifer Teson, Coatesville, PA, Envrionmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-The Wetlands Institute