Weather Information for Finals Week
Millersville University plans to be open on schedule for final exams when they begin Tuesday (12/10) morning. More information is available at: http://blogs.millersville.edu/exchange/2013/12/09/weather-information-for-finals-week/.
After School Corps
The After School Corps (ASC) is a program where students from Millersville University are equipped with tools to become tutors for students attending various schools throughout the School District of Lancaster. After School tutors are trained in problem-solving, effective studying, cultural competency, and critical thinking during the orientation for the program and strive to transfer these skills to tutees through their tutoring experiences. ASC tutors are responsible for providing personalized tutoring support as well as instruction in an individualized capacity or in small groups. ASC tutors assist tutees in improving deficits and overall academic achievement. ASC tutoring takes place Monday-Thursday from 3:15-5:30 p.m. and may occur based on your own schedule and availability. ASC welcomes students from all majors to help students with a variety of academic subjects including English, Math, Social Studies, Science, etc.
Please contact Javita Thompson, Community Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-871-2333 for more details.
- Boys and Girls Club of Lancaster
- Brightside Opportunity Center
- Buchanan Elementary School- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lancaster County
- Burrowes Elementary School
- Faith Tabernacle Transformation & Development Corporation
- Herbert A. Schaffner Youth Center
- Lancaster Day Care Center
- Lincoln Middle School
- Northeastern School District
- J.P. McCaskey High School
- McCaskey East High School
- United Support Group
- Urban League of Lancaster County
- Wheatland Middle School