MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
Millersville University has developed the following procedures to facilitate notification and evacuation responses in an emergency:
Upon the confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or employees occurring on the campus, Millersville University will immediately notify the campus community using a systemized emergency communication procedure (the Millersville University Emergency Alert Notification System). The university has developed an integrated and comprehensive procedure which includes all of the following emergency alert systems: cell phone text messages, emails to computers, and web site notifications at the Millersville University home page.
Millersville University will, without delay, and taking into account the safety of the community, determine the content of the notification and initiate the notification system, unless the notification will, in the professional judgment of responsible authorities, compromise efforts to assist victims or to contain, respond to, or otherwise mitigate the emergency.
The emergency notification process involves the receipt of information, the verification of this information, and the evaluation of the information, which then sets into motion the following actions:
- Determination if the entire campus community, or just an affected portion, will receive the emergency alert notification.
- Compilation of the content of the emergency alert message
- Activation of the Millersville University Emergency Alert Notification System.
The following individuals, at a minimum, will routinely be involved in making these determinations/decisions:
- Emergency Coordinator - University Police Chief or designee
- Public Safety - Environmental Health & Safety Director or designee
- Public Information Officer - University Communications Director or designee
- The Vice Presidents of Student Affairs and/or Finance & Administration or designee
- Millersville University Information Technology representatives
The university will disseminate the emergency information using its Emergency Alert Notification System.
Millersville University Emergency Alert Notification System equipment is tested to ensure it is working properly.