- Millersville University’s police department, in concert with the Elsie S. Shenk Women’s and Wellness Center, sponsored the first “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” event to enhance awareness of violence against women and domestic abuse. This initiative will continue as an annual event.
- The Polling and Research Office, part of the Civic and Community Engagement Project, was established to conduct public opinion and survey research.
- The University’s Nonprofit Resource Network was a finalist for the Central Penn Business Journal’s “Nonprofit Innovation Award for Collaboration.”
- The Corporate University served more than 767 participants and 25 businesses through the facilitation of the 2009-10 WedNet program, which is one of Pennsylvania’s premier workforce training grants.
- The Corporate University contributed to the region’s economic competitiveness by providing customized training to regional businesses in the areas of project management, performance evaluation, fundamental supervisory training, customer service and organizing work.
- The Walker Center for Civic Responsibility and Leadership supported nine Millersville students in a civic skills training program in Washington, D.C.
Faculty and Staff Success
Back to the President's Report