Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Developing Life and Leadership Skills
- The Software Productization Center (SPC) at Millersville was formed with a three-year infrastructure grant from the Pa. State System. The grant began in January 2008. This is a cross-disciplinary effort, involving faculty and students from computer science, graphic design, business/marketing and communication/public relations. The SPC partners with WorkXPress, Cruzstar, MRG Power Labs and Runoff Studios. Early reports, from just the first two participating companies, attribute more than $100,000 in sales, $100,000 in cost savings and $80,000 in new financing opportunities to their collaboration with the SPC.
- Students, faculty and staff-led campus relief efforts to aid Haitian victims of the January 12 earthquake. They collected 220 boxes of clothing, hygiene items, non-perishables and 1,000 gallons of water. Dr. James Cosentino, biology, working with Lancaster Regional Medical Center, coordinated the collection of medical supplies sent to Haiti. Ms. Mackenzi Vernat, a student who is a Haitian native, initiated Hearts for Haiti, raising more than $2,600 for the American Red Cross through student collections and fraternity fundraising events.
- The spring Science and Technology Policy Conference, hosted by the Civic and Community Engagement and Research project, attracted nearly 200 participants.
- The Entrepreneurial Leadership Center, part of Millersville’s Civic and Community Engagement and Research Project, is supported by a three-year PASSHE grant used to educate and encourage students who are interested in becoming entrepreneurs. One of the Center’s major initiatives is global business services, which was launched with a business and educational tour to Shanghai and Beijing.