- As part of the 50th anniversary celebration of graduate studies at Millersville, a graduate symposium, “Perspectives on the Future of Graduate Education: Celebrating 50 Years of Graduate Studies at Millersville University,” was held in October 2009. During this event, the University announced the establishment of the new College of Graduate & Professional Studies.
- The Occupational Safety & Environmental Health program was awarded reaccreditation through 2014 from the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- The technology education program was recognized by the National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE) for having exemplary assessments for its Specialty Professional Association. NCATE identified Millersville as a model of best practices in program assessment.
- The University’s Professional Education Unit (PEU) obtained full approval from the Pa. Department of Education for its new certification program proposals in middle level, pre K-4 and dual special education, with a special designation for the middle-level program as excellent in collaboration, needs assessment and field experiences.
- After being both an alpha and beta development partner with EBSCO Publishing to develop a new discovery service, Millersville became the first customer for the worldwide launch of this new product, which provides a single-point, pre-indexed search service to nearly all of the library’s electronic content.
- The School of Education opened a new Digital Learning Studio in Stayer Hall.
- The library department began offering chat reference in January 2010. Chat reference is available during all hours when the reference desk is staffed as well as several hours each day in the morning and at night when the reference staff are unavailable.
Faculty and Staff Success
Back to the President's Report