- Following a three-year collaborative process, Middle States reaffirmed the University’s accreditation last spring. The site team report commended the University for meeting all of the required standards.
- President Francine G. McNairy was appointed president of the board of the Marine Science Consortium (MSC). MSC is a nonprofit educational corporation located on Wallops Island, Va., which provides programs for undergraduate, graduate, pre-college and continuing education students.
- In its 2010 annual college rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranked Millersville University 54th in the top tier in the category of Best Universities – Master’s in the North. Millersville ranked highest among the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) universities in this category.
- Millersville University was named to Kiplinger’s 100 Best Values in Public Colleges of 2010. Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine ranks schools offering a first-class education at bargain prices.
- The Master of Social Work program, a joint offering by Millersville and Shippensburg universities, earned accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education through 2014.
- Millersville’s new Middle Level Education program, designed to meet the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) Chapter 49-2 standards, was designated as a “model program” by PDE.
- The University is participating in a $500,000 PASSHE collaborative grant through the Department of Education to combat underage drinking.
Faculty and Staff Success
Back to the President's Report