Help from the University
Millersville University provides the following resources and services on campus to support
If you are seeking help and unsure of what to do please contact one of the numbers below to assist you:
- YWCA: A confidential sexual assault advocate is on campus at the Montour House Mondays from 10am-6pm. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- DVS: A confidential dating and domestic violence advocate is on campus at the Montour House on Tuesdays from 1-4pm. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Counseling Center: 717-871-7821. The Counseling Center provides confidential services and is located in Lyle Hall.
- Health Services: 717-871-5250. Health Services provides confidential medical services (including Emergency Contraception, Pregnancy testing, STI testing, and treatment) and is located in Witmer Building.
- Judicial Affairs: (717) 871-5841. Judicial Affairs is located in the Student Memorial Center.
- Behavioral Intervention Team: 717-871-7070
- MUPD: 717-871-4357 (non-emergency). Emergency: 911. The Millersville University Police Department is located in Lebanon House.
For additional information on resources, click here.
The University strongly encourages prompt reporting of sexual offenses to law enforcement but we recognize that people who experience sexual misconduct have the right to decide whether to file a criminal report with the police, a judicial report with the Office of Judicial Affairs (717) 871-5841, or a sexual discrimination/harassment complaint with the Title IX Coordinator (717) 871-4100. Reporting to Judicial Affairs or the Title IX Coordinator does not require police involvement or reporting to the police. A complainant may also report directly to law enforcement. If the incident happened on campus, you may contact University Police through an off-campus dispatcher at (717) 664-1180 or through a campus dispatcher at (717) 871-4357. Call 911 in emergency situations.
Academic and Housing Accommodations; Interim Actions to Protect Students
A student who believes he or she has been the target of sexual misconduct, as well as a student who has been accused of sexual misconduct, may contact the Title IX Coordinator (717) 871-4100 to request any of the following when related to the incident or accusation of sexual misconduct:
a) a change of the student's on-campus housing location to a different on-campus location if alternate on-campus housing is available;
b) assistance in exploring alternative housing off campus;
c) assistance in exploring alternative transportation and employment situations as appropriate;
d) assistance in securing a transfer of class sections;
e) assistance in arranging incompletes, leaves, or withdrawal;
f) issuance of a No-Contact/No Trespass order if the University determines that continued contact between a student who has made a complaint, a student who has been accused of sexual misconduct, and/or a witness would be detrimental to any of the parties' welfare;
g) other interim actions, when necessary to protect student welfare, such as interim suspensions.
Protection Against Retaliation
Millersville University prohibits retaliatory action against any person making a complaint of sexual misconduct or against any person cooperating or assisting in the investigation of any complaint of sexual misconduct. This includes any form of intimidation, threats, or harassment. Acts of retaliation constitute a violation of University policy and of the Student Code of Conduct and will result in disciplinary action. Respondents are informed of this provision and any retaliation should be reported to the Title IX Coordinator.
- Obtain information about available protective orders by contacting Domestic Violence Service’s Legal Clinic at 717-291-5826.
- The YWCA can assist with a sexual violence protection order: 717-392-7273 or on campus: 717-841-4141.
- The Title IX Coordinator, 717-871-4100, can assist with no-contact orders as well as emergency relocation options.