Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Every sociology and anthropology major is required to complete an extended advisement session known as a Sophomore Review. It gives you and your faculty advisor an opportunity to
- Review your academic record to assess your progress in meeting university requirements
- Insure that you are on track to complete your major in a timely fashion
- Identify academic strengths and weaknesses
- Consider non-classroom based academic experiences such as study abroad, internships, honors projects, etc.
- Discuss your career goals in order to assure that you are selecting courses that will help you meet these goals
- Improve your resume by insuring that it communicates clearly your personal and academic strengths
You are required to do a Sophomore Review the semester after you complete 45 credits. If you have more than 45 credits and wish to transfer into the major, you must complete the Sophomore Review prior to being admitted into the major. To do your Sophomore Review you should:
- Write an essay of at least two pages in which you describe your career goals for the ten years following graduation from college. You should attempt to make this essay an example of your best writing.
- Prepare a resume. You should consult Career Services for guidance regarding resume writing.
- Obtain a current DARS printout.
You should give these three items to your faculty advisor and schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor and discuss them. You should submit the materials to your advisor at least 10 days before meeting with your advisor. The meeting with your advisor will probably take about 30 minutes. During that meeting, your advisor will review your DARS to determine what requirements you need to meet and when you will be able to meet them, offer suggestions on your resume and discuss strategies to help you achieve your career goals. Students find the Sophomore Review to be an extremely valuable advising session that makes academic planning and course selection much easier.
The Sophomore Review is a departmental requirement for continuation in the major. If you fail to complete your Sophomore Review after receiving two notices, you will be dropped from the major. If you have questions about the Sophomore Review, please contact your advisor or the department chair, Dr. Glazier via email at Mary.Glazier@millersville.edu.
Download a pdf version of the above information here