Office of Social Equity & Diversity
2014 PASSHE Summit
Welcome to the Office of Social Equity & Diversity. As the president’s chief diversity officer, my primary role is to provide leadership for social equity and diversity challenges and opportunities as a matter of first priority. The department serves as resource for students and employees by fostering a campus climate that is free from harassment and discrimination. We believe it is critical for the University to create and maintain a community environment that respects individual needs, abilities, and potential.
Our mission is to assist the University in providing a supportive community environment that promotes inclusiveness, practices civility and values equality while encouraging full participation of all its members.
I work with the Cabinet and members of the campus community through a variety of outlets to infuse equity and diversity principles and best practices into all aspects of Millersville life and to promote a positive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
Our door is always open so please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Hiram G. Martinez
Assisant to the President for Social Equity & Diversity/
Title IX Coordinator
What is Title IX?
TITLE IX protects your right to play. Did you know that it also protects your right to learn? Learn more
2013 HEED Award Recipient
We are very pleased to announce that for the second consecutive year, Millersville University has received the INSIGHT into Diversity magazine's 2013 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award! This tremendous distinction recognizes our outstanding efforts and success in all aspects of diversity including gender, race, ethnicity, veterans, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. Learn more
Diversity Programs & Events
- June 11, 2014 - Benefit Entitlements Available for Same-Sex Married Couples
- May 15, 2014 - University Joins Minors on Campus Task Force and Stop It Now Initiative
- May 15, 2014 - Recent Grad Has Sights Set on Helping Her Native Haiti
- May 7, 2014 PASSHE Summit - Call for Proposals
- May 1, 2014 Millersville Student Goes Capitol
- April 17, 2014 Distinguished Civic Leadership Award Recipients
- April 3, 2014 25th Anniversary Summit Empowering Millersville Women
- April 3, 2014 Millersville to Host PASSHE Summit