Office of Social Equity & Diversity
2014 PASSHE Summit
Welcome to the Office of Social Equity & Diversity. As the president’s chief diversity officer, my primary role is to provide leadership for social equity and diversity challenges and opportunities as a matter of first priority. The department serves as resource for students and employees by fostering a campus climate that is free from harassment and discrimination. We believe it is critical for the University to create and maintain a community environment that respects individual needs, abilities, and potential.
Our mission is to assist the University in providing a supportive community environment that promotes inclusiveness, practices civility and values equality while encouraging full participation of all its members.
I work with the Cabinet and members of the campus community through a variety of outlets to infuse equity and diversity principles and best practices into all aspects of Millersville life and to promote a positive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
Our door is always open so please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Hiram G. Martinez
Assisant to the President for Social Equity & Diversity/
Title IX Coordinator
What is Title IX?
TITLE IX protects your right to play. Did you know that it also protects your right to learn? Learn more
2013 HEED Award Recipient
We are very pleased to announce that for the second consecutive year, Millersville University has received the INSIGHT into Diversity magazine's 2013 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award! This tremendous distinction recognizes our outstanding efforts and success in all aspects of diversity including gender, race, ethnicity, veterans, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. Learn more
Diversity Programs & Events
- April 3, 2014 25th Anniversary Summit Empowering Millersville Women
- April 3, 2014 Millersville to Host PASSHE Summit
- March 20, 2014 Author of "The Butler" at Millersville
- March 20, 2014 Students Compete for the Crowning Title
- March 20, 2014 Women in Mathematics and Science Conference
- Mar 6, 2014 Lancaster Partnership Receives $10,000 Grant
- February 20, 2014 Millersville University Theatre Presents "A Lesson Before Dying"
- Feb 6, 2014 Millersville Student Attends Winter Olympic Games
- Jan 16, 2014 Observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela
Sexual Assault Resources
There are numerous resources availble on and off campus for victims of sexual assault. Click here to view available resources.