MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Description & Requirements
Undergraduate and graduate student teaching, internships and practica are coordinated through the Student Teaching Office.
The University, working with school district administrators, will assign student teachers full-time to certified cooperating teachers in area schools and University supervisors to gain experience in the total activities of the teacher. Student teachers may not request a specific school or cooperating teacher, nor may a cooperating teacher request a specific student teacher. Student teachers are not assigned to the school district from which they were graduated.
For admission to the Millersville Student Teaching Program, the following policies apply:
- Students must have earned at least 85 credits with at least a 3.0 overall cumulative quality point average.
- Students must have successfully completed required professional education courses and be APS approved.
- Students must apply to the Student Teaching Office at least one year in advance. Transfer students who have completed two years of study at another institution should make a preliminary application for student teaching upon admission.
- Students may not student teach while on academic probation.
- Students must present satisfactory Act 34 (criminal record), Act 151 (child abuse), FBI fingerprinting clearance reports and negative TB test results to the Field Services office.
- Page 1. Applying for Student Teaching
- You are currently viewing Page 2.
- Page 3. Mandatory Meetings for Student Teachers
- Page 4. MyVille Email and Student Teaching
- Page 5. Placement Map and Policy
- Page 6. International Placements
- Page 7. Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances
- Page 8. TB tests and Liability Insurance