Delayed OpeningDue to icy roads, Millersville University will open at 10 a.m. today, 2/10/16.
Description & Requirements
Undergraduate and graduate student teaching, internships and practica are coordinated through the Student Teaching Office.
The University, working with school district administrators, will assign student teachers full-time to certified cooperating teachers in area schools and University supervisors to gain experience in the total activities of the teacher. Student teachers may not request a specific school or cooperating teacher, nor may a cooperating teacher request a specific student teacher. Student teachers are not assigned to the school district from which they were graduated.
For admission to the Millersville Student Teaching Program, the following policies apply:
- Students must have earned at least 85 credits with at least a 3.0 overall cumulative quality point average.
- Students must have successfully completed required professional education courses and be APS approved.
- Students must apply to the Student Teaching Office at least one year in advance. Transfer students who have completed two years of study at another institution should make a preliminary application for student teaching upon admission.
- Students may not student teach while on academic probation.
- Students must present satisfactory Act 34 (criminal record), Act 151 (child abuse), FBI fingerprinting clearance reports and negative TB test results to the Field Services office.
- Page 1. Applying for Student Teaching
- You are currently viewing Page 2.
- Page 3. Mandatory Meetings for Student Teachers
- Page 4. MyVille Email and Student Teaching
- Page 5. Placement Map and Policy
- Page 6. International Placements
- Page 7. Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances
- Page 8. TB tests and Liability Insurance