International and Native American Placements
Millersville University offers students an opportunity to do 1/2 semester student teaching in an International or Native American setting. Such placements are secured through the Universtiy of Northern Iowa through the Field Services Office of Millersville University. Students should begin planning at least one year prior to student teaching. In order to be considered for a placement of this type, students must follow an application process to gain approval from the necessary Millersville University departments.
The Application Process
Application forms may be obtained from the Student Teaching Office, Room 124, Stayer Hall. Once the completed application has been returned to the Student Teaching Office, a determination will be made and the student will be notified of their approval status.
Once Approved by Millersville University
Student Teaching personnel will distribute and assist you in the completion and submission of additional application forms required by the University of Northern Iowa.
Once Approved by the University of Northern Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa will contact you to discuss details of your placement.
- Student teachers accepted into the program will register as a Millersville University student, paying regular tuition. Millersville will compensate the University of Northern Iowa for associated placement fees.
- Students are responsible for transportation to and from the placement, room and board, and personal expenses.
Important Notice to Student Teachers
Student Evaluations must be on file in the Field Services office to obtain certification. It is the student teacher's responsibility to see that evaluation forms are submitted to the Student Teaching Office from the assigned International/Native American cooperating teacher and supervisor.
- Page 1. Applying for Student Teaching
- Page 2. Description and Requirements
- Page 3. Mandatory Meetings for Student Teachers
- Page 4. Marauder Email and Student Teaching
- Page 5. Placement Map and Policy
- You are currently viewing Page 6.
- Page 7. Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances
- Page 8. TB tests and Liability Insurance