- Farmers Market: A market or group of booths where farmers and sometimes other vendors sell their products directly to consumers.
- Organic: Developing in a manner analogous to the natural growth and evolution characteristic of living organisms; arising as a natural outgrowth.
- Genetically Modified Organism: An organism whose genetic characteristics have been altered using the techniques of genetic engineering.
- Pesticide: A chemical preparation for destroying plant, fungal, or animal pests.
- Commodity: An article of trade or commerce, esp. a product as distinguished from a service.
- Agricultural: Concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- Carbon Dioxide: Incombustible gas present in the atmosphere and formed during respiration, usually obtained from coal, coke, or natural gas by combustion.
- Global Warming: An increase in the earth's average atmospheric temperature that causes corresponding changes in climate and that may result from the greenhouse effect.
- Infrastructure Investment: In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.
- Fossil Fuels: Any combustible organic material, as oil, coal, or natural gas, derived from the remains of former life.
- Genetic Diversity: The existing genetic variation within a population.