- Green Lighting Initiative- steps taken to reduce the amount of energy used by the electricity provided in stores.
- Horticultural Plastics- plastics that are used within the Garden area for flats, or plastic containers or pots.
- Recycling Champion- employees who take the initiative and volunteer to oversee the use of the recycling programs at each store location.
- Raised Local- animals raised and packaged on farms in Lancaster.
- Pesticides- chemicals used to destroy any creatures or bacteria on plants while they are growing in fields.
- Leola Produce Auction- local auction where farmers go to sell their produce. Stauffers looks for the best product and tries to create a business relationship with these farmers.
- Mission Statement- official statement of a business or organization that states their aims, goals, and overall purpose.
- Stauffers Rewards- card that allows you to save money, while earning points for shopping in store.
- Reusable bag- any cloth bag (even baskets) used to pack the products bought in store.
- Eco-Friendly- not harmful to the environment.
- Organic Products- a product made from raw, or not man made, materials.
- Gluten Free -A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes foods containing gluten. Gluten is a protein complex found in wheat, barley, rye and triticale.
- Organic Fertilizer- a fertilizer developed from animal or vegetable matter. Little to no pesticides are used in these lawn care products.
- Single-stream collection- the process in which all paper, plastics, metals, and other containers are mixed together in a collection truck instead of being separated.
This site was created by Alexa McCurdy at Millersville University of Pennsylvania
© 2013 Millersville University. All Rights Reserved.