Millersville University, Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Meeting
March 16, 1999
Corrections to Minutes of 3/2/99 meeting
- Page 4578 - In the first paragraph, strike "except
Elementary & Early Childhood Education". The
sentence should read "All departments were
- Page 4578 - Under Associate Provost Stager's Report, the
second sentence should read: "Dr. Stager said that
Perspectives courses can be counted toward Major
Electives, if another Perspectives course has been used
to fulfill the General Education requirement for at least
one Perspectives (P) course."
- Page 4579 - In the report of the Graduate Course and
Program Review Committee, the word "courses"
was replaced with the words "the professional core".
- Page 4580 - Change the name Kenrich to Wenrich.
Proposed Courses and Programs
- A proposal to redefine the professional core of the M. Ed.
degree was approved by the Senate.
- Dr. Anita H. Pflum - Kerper/Yelagotes motion.
- Dr. William H. Skelly - Anna/Luek motion.
Election of the Chairperson of the Women's Studies Curriculum
- Dr. Beverly Schneller was nominated. On the passage of a
Stameshkin/Lynch motion, the nominations were closed and
the Secretary was instructed to cast a vote for Dr.
General Education Objectives
- Section II, Goal A, #7 - approved with no changes.
- Section II, Goal A, #8 - after several amendments, the
final language for this goal was passed on a Glenn/Warnikessel
motion. It now reads:
and apply critical and creative methods of the arts and
critiquing, and defending their reasoned opinions
concerning works of theater, literature, art, philosophy
or music (American or international, contemporary or
works of art and/or literature or responding to their
Return to Faculty Senate
Return to MU Home Page