MU Faculty Senate--AY2004-2005 Administrative Approvals
Millersville University Faculty Senate
19 July 2005
||Dr. Richard Kerper,
Faculty Senate President
||Dr. Vilas A. Prabhu
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
||July 19, 2005
||FACULTY SENATE CURRICULAR RECOMMENDATIONS
I am informing you that the Provost's Office has received, on July 18, 2005, the following Actions of the Faculty Senate from its July 18, 2005, meeting. Curricular actions include:
- New undergraduate course for ESCI 281
- Changes in course/curricula for B.S. Biology. Addition of a new option: Pre-Athletic Training; Dual Degree Program with West Chester University
- Changes in course/curricula for Biology Minor: Add BIOL 100 and provide options in the required biology courses requirement; increase biology electives to 9-10 credits
- Changes in course/curricula for B.S.E. and B.A. History: students who successfully complete HIST 406 with a grade of B or higher be able to satisfy the upper level advanced writing requirement with HIST 406 (w/grade of B or higher).
- Changes in course/curricula for BSE Social Studies: Courses for the concentration, completed in the four major disciplines of Economics, Geography, Government and History, must be at the 200 level or higher.
- Revision to the policy for Distance Learning (DL) course approval process
- Changes in course/curricula for B.A. and B.S.E English: Addition of a new option: Film Studies.
- Changes in course/curricula for Film/Literature minor: Place Film/Literature minor in moratorium and replace with new Film Studies minor.
- Changes in course/curricula for B.S.E. Biology, B.S.E. Earth Sciences, B.S.E. Technology Education: reduce major program requirements from 129 credits to 126 credits
These matters will be addressed at the July 20, 2005, Deans' Council meeting.
For your information, Deans' Council will schedule Faculty Senate curricular actions at the third meeting of the month unless canceled. If a Deans' Council meeting is canceled where curricular actions were on the agenda, they will be reviewed at the next meeting.
Return to Faculty Senate Home
Return to MU Home Page