Hazel Rork Schmuck Alumni Scholarship
HAZEL RORK SCHMUCK ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
If students meet the criteria listed below, they can apply for the Hazel Rork Schmuck Alumni Scholarship. Please read the details contained within these guidelines and return your completed application to the Office of Alumni Engagement by Wednesday, December 13.
Should you have any questions, please contact (717) 871-7551 or email@example.com, Office of Alumni Engagement, Millersville University, P.O. Box 1002, Millersville, PA 17551-0302
This endowment was established in 1995 from a bequest by Hazel Rork Schmuck ’26. The Nominations and Awards Committee of the Alumni Association will determine annually the number of scholarships and the amount to be awarded (minimum of
*Amount of award may vary pending current market value of
- The student will have completed at least 30 credits, but no more than 60 credits, prior to the fall semester of the application deadline.
- The student will be a secondary education major.
- The student will be enrolled on a full-time basis at Millersville University.
- The student will have maintained a 3.0 overall
- The student shall complete an application supplied by the Millersville University Alumni Association. Previous scholarship recipients may not reapply.
- The student will write an essay of approximately 200 words (typewritten, double-spaced) on a designated topic (selected annually by the committee--see application form for
- The student will also list any extracurricular activities he/she participates in at Millersville, as well as external to the campus.
- The student will secure a letter of recommendation from
a MUfaculty member in the student's field of study. The letter is to detail “why this student deserves the scholarship”.
- The scholarship will be applied to the student’s university tuition account for the following full-time semester.
- The application, essay
andrecommendation will be reviewed and judged by the MU Alumni Association Nominations and Awards Committee and notification will be given in mid-March (if not earlier).
- The scholarship is awarded to the candidate who meets all the qualifications and has the highest score on the committee’s scoring process. In the event of a tie, the award will be split.
This is an annual scholarship. The endowment is held by the Millersville University Foundation. This scholarship will be presented at the annual Honors and Awards Convocation held in the Spring Semester.
2016 Recipient: Erika Stewart
2015 Recipient: Bradley S. Auker
2014 Recipient: Elijah Green
For a complete list of all scholarships available at MU, click here.