DEI Champion Faculty Fellows
Spring 2022 the CAE seeks DEI Champion Faculty Fellows for the new collaborative course transformation program. The CAE DEI Champion Faculty Fellows program will fund 10 faculty (the expectation is one course transformation per faculty), $500 in professional development funds. Funds will be distributed based on the program goals and budget, in support of their project. The source of the funding will be the Faculty Fellow for Diversity and Inclusion’s fund. Books and materials will be provided by the Center for Academic Excellence. No other compensation will be associated with the fellowship program. The funding must be used during the fiscal year in which it is awarded and may not rollover to the subsequent year.
Application deadline: March 25, 2022
Faculty interested in serving as a CAE DEI Champion Faculty Fellow will be identified by the CAE Coordinator and Faculty Fellow for Diversity and Inclusion based on existing campus work. Faculty interested in serving as a CAE DEI Faculty Fellow must have participated in CAE pedagogical programming.
DEI Faculty Fellow applications will be available to faculty completing one or more of the following:
- 2+ CAE DEI-focused programs during the Spring semester
- ACUE training
- DEI-focused Faculty Learning Community (FLC)
Description of Program:
Faculty interested in serving as a CAE DEI Champion Faculty Fellow will submit proposals to the CAE Coordinator who, along with the Faculty Fellow for Diversity and Inclusion, will review proposals and select the fellows.
Each fellowship will hold a term of one year, will include active participation in CAE programming, and will result in publication or presentation based on the work completed. Course transformations may be collaborative, but no more than two fellows may be appointed to a single course.
At the end of each semester, each fellow must submit a program assessment report to be reviewed by the CAE coordinator and Faculty Fellow for Diversity and Inclusion.
Each fellow will receive up to $500 in professional development funds, to be used in support of their project.
- Applications due March 25th, 2022
- Submissions will be reviewed by CAE Coordinator, Faculty Fellow for Diversity and Inclusion, and APAA
- Recipients notified by March 28th, 2022
- Faculty Fellows will complete Learning Phase by May 13th, 2022
- Learning Phase report due May 30th, 2022
- Faculty Fellows will complete Design Phase by August 20th, 2022
- DEI Champion Faculty Fellows are expected to work with I&TS Instructional Design Summer 2022. Details will be shared with accepted Fellows.
- Design Phase report due August 20th, 2022
- Faculty Fellows will complete Implementation Phase by December 15th, 2022
- DEI Champion Faculty Fellows are expected to teach their class and collect data during Fall 2022. The CAE will offer sessions, workshops, and small group meetings to support research and data collection.
- Implementation Phase report due December 20th, 2022
- Faculty Fellows will complete Findings Phase by May 20th, 2023
- Findings Phase report due May 30th, 2023