Page Teamwork and Team Play
Poly spots for each team member plus one
To get each participant to the opposite side of the traffic jam in the same order
Place the poly spots in a line. Take the middle spot away. Tell the participants to hop onto a poly spot - one person per spot. Create scenario of traffic jam. Their task is to have everyone move from the side they are on to the other side with the following rules:
- Only one person on a spot at a time
- You can not skip over a person facing the same way as you.
- You can not skip more than one spot at a time.
- Everyone must end up on the other side of the traffic jam in the same order as they begin.
Once the group solves the problem, have them go back (new leaders at the front).
Ask the following questions:
- What were some barriers to communication?
- Was everyone involved in decision making?
- If not, why not?
- For those that were not involved in decision making, how did it feel?
- What happened when we had new leaders?
- What is one thing that no leader can do without? FOLLOWERS!!!! Each leader needs followers. When we get a group of leaders together, it
sometimebecomes hard for leaders to take up the position of follower, so we have competition when we need teamwork.
- Who are the obvious leaders of the group?
- Who are subtle leaders of the group?
- Who are nonparticipants - not actively involved?