Applying For Permanent Status
Applying for Permanent Status
If granted temporary status, please note the following procedures to gain permanent status.
After 1 year of temporary status, an organization may be considered for permanent status. The following process must be completed as part of the Permanent Status Review:
- The organization must contact the Student Senate Vice President For Student Organizations after 1 year of temporary status. The Vice President For Student Organizations will send a form to be turned in immediately. It will consist of questions such as:
- How many members attend organization meetings and events?
- What type of advertising has the organization utilized?
- What type of fundraising has the organization done?
- After the Vice President For Student Organizations receives and reviews the Permanent Status Review, the Vice President For Student Organizations will contact Organization Representatives to schedule a Permanent Status Review with the Constitution Committee. During the Permanent Status Review with the Constitution Committee, members of the Constitution Committee will review the Temporary Status Review, Permanent Status Review, and ask the organization representatives questions regarding their membership and events over the past year. Organization representatives will then be dismissed for a Constitution Committee vote. Organization representatives will be notified of the vote outcome within three days of the Permanent Status Review.
- Majority In Favor- Constitution Committee recommends organization for Student Senate vote
- Majority Against- Constitution Committee recommends organization changes and the organization may contact the Vice President For Student Organizations any time to return to the Constitution Committee for another Permanent Status Review
- Organization Representatives attend a Student Senate Meeting. During the Student Senate Meeting, members of the Student Senate will ask the organization representatives questions and the organization representatives have the opportunity to present information about their organization. A Student Senate vote is then held.
- Majority In Favor- Student Senate approves organization Permanent Status
- Majority Against- Student Senate denies organization Permanent Status. Organization must wait 1 calendar year prior to resubmission for permanent status