Steps for Temporary Organization Status
Please complete the following steps in order to obtain temporary status.
Make sure that you read the guidelines in their entirety to be considered for temporary status. If you fail to meet any of these guidelines you will not be considered for temporary status.
The Student Government Association Vice President For Student Organizations contacts the organization representatives after reviewing the Petition to Form a New Student Organization to schedule a Recognition Review with the Constitution Committee. During the Recognition Review, members of the Constitution Committee will ask the organization representatives questions related to the mission and purpose of the organization. Organization representatives will then be dismissed for a Constitution Committee vote. Organization representatives will be notified of the vote outcome within three days of the Recognition Review.
- Majority In Favor- Constitution Committee recommends organization for Student Senate vote
- Majority Against- Constitution Committee recommends organization changes and resubmission of the Petition to Form a New Student Organization or in the instance of organization redundancy the Constitution Committee will encourage organization representatives to join the existing student organization; The Organization may appeal (see TEMPORARY STATUS APPEAL PROCESS) the decision within 3 business days
The Student Government Association Vice President For Student Organizations contacts the organization representatives to schedule a date for the SGA Meeting vote. During the SGA Meeting, members of the SGA will ask the organization representatives questions and the organization representatives have the opportunity to present information about their organization. A SGA vote is then held.
- Majority In Favor- SGA approves organization Temporary Status
- Majority Against- SGA denies organization Temporary Status and the organization must wait 6 months prior to resubmission of the Petition to Form a New Student Organization
The organization must be registered with the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership within 6 weeks of receiving Temporary Status. The following must be completed to be registered with the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership:
- Register a New Organization- complete the online registration at https://involved.millersville.edu/organizations
- Advisor Agreement Form- return the Advisor Agreement Form to the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership, SMC 118
*Social Greek-letter organizations must receive written approval from the appropriate Greek governing council (IFC, NPHC, or PHC) and the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership prior to submission of the Petition for Recognition of a New Student Organization
Forms Needed for Temporary Status
The forms you will need to complete the registration for temporary status are listed below
- Please note that your Constitution does not need to follow this template exactly. You may add or change information as necessary for your organization. However, Article VII section 2 and Article VIII of the below Constitution must be included.
Advisor Letter of Support Example
Signatures must be of current Millersville University Students