INTRODUCING A NEW MASTERS PROGRAM FOR EMERGENCY CERTIFIED EDUCATORS
M.Ed Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching Certification
The fully online Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching (ACTE) Certification program provides a path for certification in selected content areas for emergency certified teachers who are currently working in classrooms as the teacher of record.
- 100% Online Program
- Earn a degree in less than a year
- Flexible course offerings
- Accelerated academic semesters
Who Should Consider This Program?
- Are you seeking certification in Math 7-12, Social Studies 7-12, English 7-12 or a Science 7-12 (Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science, and/or Physics)?
- Do you possess an emergency certification and are you working as the teacher of record in your desired content area?
- Do you possess an undergraduate and/or graduate degree that is relevant to your desired content area?
- Have you passed the Praxis test(s) for certification in your desired content area? (Or within 6 credits of admissions?)
The program will focus on 7-12 certification in Science, Social Studies, English, and Math and is designed to support the practicing beginning teacher through course work and targeted supervision. Designed as an 11-month, cohort-based program, the courses scaffold students through intentional, online courses that meet standards for teacher competencies from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. In addition, the program relies upon a mix of in-person and virtual supervision to support students through their field experiences and student teaching.
Since students are not limited by geography when enrolling in the program, cohorts will offer a diverse perspective of secondary instruction across the Commonwealth. To be accepted, candidates must hold an undergraduate degree that is relevant to their anticipated certification area and must have passed all related Praxis tests.