Financial Awards for Interns
About the Awards for Interns
Susquehanna Bank generously contributed funds to Millersville University to support undergraduate students providing service to the community in the form of an internship in a nonprofit or government agency. Student awardees are completing a credit-bearing internship in an unpaid position at a nonprofit or government agency. This is a one-time, non-renewable award.
The application process for the Susquehanna Bank Award is a rolling application process for the spring and fall terms, but there is a deadline for the summer term application of Monday, April 26, 2021.
The Starbrad Excellence in Science Award supports undergraduate students majoring in one of the natural sciences, preferably Chemistry. An award of $1,000 is offered to a selected student who is completing a credit-bearing internship in the summer and demonstrates financial need. This is a one-time, non-renewable award.
The application deadline for the Starbrad award is Monday, April 26, 2021.
- Completion of 60 credits
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate student at Millersville University
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- A confirmed, summer credit-bearing internship where the student will complete a minimum of 120 to 225 hours of work and demonstrates financial need (Starbrad)
- A confirmed, unpaid credit-bearing internship at a nonprofit or government agency where the student will complete a minimum of 120 hours of work (Susquehanna Bank)
- Evidence that the student has registered the internship for academic credits through Experiential Learning and Career Management.
For more information about the Awards, please contact email@example.com or 717-871-7655.
Summer 2020 Award Winners
Click on the names below to read about the students' internship experiences.
Susquehanna Bank Awards
Kayla Held, Junior, New Freedom, PA, Speech Communication - Public Relations; Lebanon County Builders Association.
CJ Longo, Junior, Howell, NJ, Multidisciplinary Studies, Environmental Hazards & Emergency Management.
John Lutz, Senior, Willow Grove, PA, Multidisciplinary Studies, Digital Journalism; Holy Redeemer Health Systems.
Abigail Whitehead-Zimmers, Senior, Marysville, PA, English; Open Stage of Harrisburg.