MU-SCORE Workforce Traineeship Application
Millersville University and SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon have partnered to launch a non-credit pilot program to help students develop career-readiness skills and build work experience.
Through the MU-SCORE Workforce Traineeship Program, Millersville students will receive education awards of $1,155 from the University to serve as trainees in select Lancaster county business and non-profit organization host sites. Trainees serve a minimum of 100 hours (8-10 hours a week) during a fall, spring or summer term. Prior to and during the traineeship, student trainees also receive 15-20 hours of mentoring and professional skills training to develop their career readiness competencies, as defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Student trainees will be matched to employer-hosted jobs and projects for which they are well-suited because of personal, professional and academic preparation and a deeper appreciation of the employer’s company culture.
- Must have earned 12 MU credits and be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Millersville University
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application
- Open to students from all majors
- Traineeship Program Application
Applications/Resumes will be pre-screened by Experiential Learning and Career Management to confirm eligibility for the program. Once eligibility is confirmed, candidates will view available employers and traineeship positions in ELCM’s Career Connection job database.
Trainees will receive the following:
- Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and profile interpretation (FREE)
- Personal career coaching and pre-service orientation (4 hours)
- Professional skills training (8 hours)
- Mentoring from a SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon volunteer
Apply for the traineeship program by completing the form below. Remember to include your resume with your application.