CARES Relief Fund
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, CARES Act, was created to provide assistance to eligible Millersville University students whose lives have been impacted by the disruption of campus operations during the spring semester due the coronavirus, COVID-19. These funds are available to assist students with educational costs such as food, housing, course materials, technology expenses, health care, and childcare during these uncertain times.
Thank you for your interest in the CARES Relief Fund. Unfortunately, all funds have been exhausted at this time. If you are in need of additional financial assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 717-871-5100 to speak with someone during our customer service hours on Tuesday and Thursday between 9am and 3pm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the timeline for applications to be reviewed?
- How long will it take to receive the funds?
- Am I guaranteed additional money if I fill out an application?
- I am not eligible to apply for the CARES Relief Fund. Are there any other resources for me to apply?
- If I do not meet the eligibility requirements, is there anything I can do to be considered eligible?
- Can I submit more than one application?
What is the timeline for applications to be reviewed?
Please allow 7-10 business days for your application to be reviewed. You will receive an email to your Millersville email address if you have been awarded.
How long will it take to receive the funds?
Once you have received an email regarding your award, please allow 5-7 business days for the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) to process your fund.
For students signed up for Direct Deposit:
- Refunds will appear in your bank account on file within 3-5 business days from the date your refund is processed with OSA.
For students not signed up for Direct Deposit:
- Refunds will be mailed to your home address on file and can take up to two weeks to be received.
To ensure that funds reach you as quickly as possible, please make sure to sign up for Direct Deposit. If you have already signed up, log in to your account to make sure your information is correct.
Am I guaranteed additional money if I fill out an application?
The Office of Financial Aid will continue to award students who meet all the required eligibility requirements, until the available funds received from the Department of Education have been depleted.
I am not eligible to apply for the CARES Relief Fund. Are there any other resources for me to apply?
While you may not qualify for the CARES Relief Fund, we encourage you to apply for Millersville University's EPPIIC Compassion Fund.
- The EPPIIC Compassion Fund is intended for students facing undue financial hardship from COVID-19 and in need of support and emergency assistance.
- All full-time, currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students in good standing* with the University are eligible to apply for support from the Millersville University EPPIIC Student Compassion Fund.
- *Good standing refers to having at least a 2.0 GPA and not being on academic suspension or behavioral probation or suspension or having outstanding fines.
If I do not meet the eligibility requirements, is there anything I can do to be considered eligible?
Contact Kristen Castaldi at email@example.com to inquire if there is anything you can do to be considered eligible.
Can I submit more than one application?
Students can only submit one application at this time. If you have already submitted an application, please refer to review timeline and eligibility requirements listed above.