CARES Relief Fund Reporting
On March 27, 2020, the President of the United States signed the CARES Act (H.R. 748), which provides emergency relief funds to organizations and individuals affected by the coronavirus pandemic. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), found in Section 18004 of the CARES Act, provides funding to institutions of higher education “to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus”. This report provides details on the emergency funds that Millersville University received under the HEERF to provide to students.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF FUNDING & CERTIFICATION
Millersville University signed and submitted the Department of Education Certification and Agreement on April 13th, 2020 and received the funds on April 28th, 2020. Under 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, the total amount allocated to the university is $5,617,301. No less than 50 percent of these funds, totaling $2,808,651 will be distributed to students as per the terms of the certification.
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
Millersville University received a total of $5,316,701 for the institutional and student shares. Fifty percent of that amount will be distributed to students.
- As of May 29th, 2020, Millersville University has disbursed $1,445,750 in funding to 1,900 students.
- As of July 10th, 2020, Millersville University has disbursed $1,784,098 in funding to 2,289 students.
- As of August 24th, 2020, Millersville University has awarded $1,860,229.72 to a total of 2,382
- As of September 28th, 2020, Millersville University has awarded $2,763,799.72 to a total of 2,430 students.
- As of January 8th, 2021, Millersville University has awarded $2,768,799.72 to a total of 2,430 students.
CARES Relief Fund Report
For a complete look at the CARES Relief Fund application, awarding, and processing measures click the link below: