Transfer Students

General Information

Will you be transferring to Millersville in the middle of the academic year (entering during the Spring semester)? Are you interested in Receiving Financial Aid at MU?

Federal Student Aid* — Federal Student Aid includes the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Stafford Loan. To be considered for these sources, complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing MU as a school that should receive your information. MU’s Federal school code is 003325. If you completed a 2015-2016 FAFSA for your prior institution but did not list MU, call FAFSA at 1-800-433-3243 or update online — FAFSA — AND SELECT MAKE CORRECTIONS TO A PROCESSED FAFSA.

  • *You may be required to complete the Verification process. If so, you will be notified via your MAX account once your FAFSA information has been received and you have paid your confirmation fee.

PA State Grant (PHEAA) — If you are eligible to receive a PA State Grant (PHEAA), you need to be sure your grant is processed for MU. To release your information to MU, log in to your PHEAA account.  Select "Sign In/Create Account " at the top right of the screen. You will need to log in if you already have a username and password with AES or PHEAA. If you do not have one, create an account with a username and password. Once you have logged into your account, select the current academic year under "Grant Status." Then select the "Change School Information Form" and then complete the information and submit the form.  You can call PHEAA at 1-800-692-7392 to make the change instead of going online. 
*Please note: This change only adjusts the PHEAA Grant record and not the FAFSA.

Millersville University must be listed as the first school choice in order for your PHEAA State Grant to be released to MU.

Federal Direct Stafford Loan — If you had a Stafford Loan processed for the 2015-2016 academic year at your prior school, it is recommended that you cancel any spring disbursements at that institution.

Alternative/Private Loans - If you are interested in receiving Alternative/Private Educational Loans, you must reapply for the loan using Millersville University as the school you will be attending. For the Spring semester, the loan term dates you will use are 1/27/16 - 5/7/16. For more information, please see our website on Alternative Loans

  • If you had an Alternative loan at your previous school, you must be sure there is no award for spring - if you took out the loan for the entire academic year, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office at your old school to have the spring amount canceled.

Scholarships - there are no Millersville University Scholarships available for transfer students. However, you may still apply for outside scholarships - please see our website for more information on Scholarships.

More Information — contact MU's Office of Financial Aid at 717-871-5100