Audition Requirements - Majors, Minor and Transfers
Audition Requirements - Majors, Minors and Transfers
All applicants for the Music Major or Minor must schedule an audition for admission to the Tell School of Music.
- Prospective music majors in Performance, Music Education, and Music Industry are required to complete four components: Solo Performance, Vocal Assessment, and Interview.
- Music Minors are required to complete the Solo Performance, Vocal Assessment and Interviews.
- Transfer students must bring a copy of their transcript from their current institution (unofficial with a university header is acceptable) and present it at the Interview. For more information please contact: Music Industry: Dr. Barry Atticks (Barry.Atticks@millersville.edu).
Music Education: Dr. Micheal Houlahan (Micheal.Houlahan@millersville.edu).
- Audition days begin at 9:30 am on scheduled dates and conclude no later than 2:30 pm. Students may choose to participate in large ensembles at 2:30 pm on select audition dates.
- Professional attire is expected and lunch is provided.
- Current students and transfers will be excused from university classes. High school students will receive an excuse note for their audition day.
Inclement Weather Policies:
- If the University is open, we hold auditions.
- If the University has a weather delay, we hold auditions beginning at the late start time and adjust the schedule as needed.
- If the University is closed, we reschedule.
- If students/parents are concerned about driving conditions, we allow them to reschedule (even if the date is full).
SIGN UP FOR YOUR AUDITION HERE***Make sure to also complete the separate university APPLICATION. The Tell School cannot accept students who are not accepted by Millersville University***
For Degree-specific Requirements and more information click below
B.S.E or B.S. MUSIC EDUCATION
B.S.E. or B.S. MUSIC INDUSTRY
B.A. in MUSIC (Choose either General or Performance Concentration)
How to obtain a Parking Passes?
A representative of the music recruitment office will meet you out front of the Winter Visual Performing Arts Center with parking passes at the circle drive. You must have a parking pass and park in white spaces ONLY. You may be directed to the Prince Street Parking Garage if the lot beside the Winter Center is full.
What is there for parents to do?
Parents are welcome on the tour and can ask questions of Tell School Faculty and Admissions Officers at the start of the Audition Day. We have free WiFi and quiet places around the building where we can direct you if needed. There is a Starbucks on campus in our library and the University Store is beside the Student Memorial Center. If you would like to leave campus, Lancaster is only 10 minutes away and the outlets and the mall are only 15 minutes away. Most parents/guardians stay in the building, but students are more than welcome to guide you across campus and/or answer your questions.
How to arrange a Campus Tours?
You can schedule a full campus tour at the link found HERE. Tours begin after 2:30 pm
Will I have the opportunity to sit in on an Ensemble Rehearsal?
On Tuesday Audition Days Wind Ensemble and Chorale meet at 2:30. Students in those areas may choose to sit-in with the group for the rehearsal.
What are Auditions for Ensembles?
These are separate from your audition into the Tell School and are held at the start of each semester.
How do I get in contact with Music Admissions?The best way to get in touch with the office consistently is via email (email@example.com). Telephone messages will be answered as promptly as possible.
- Next Steps
Social Media Links