New Commuting Student Orientation
Your Orientation Program: August 2021
|The University is committed to providing high quality instruction this fall to ensure our students' academic progress and success. Please see the University's COVID Updates page for the most current information related to the fall semester.|
We look forward to you joining our community!
The 2021 New Student Orientation includes both online and in-person (on-campus) programming. Read below for information on how to register for the Countdown to College sessions occurring August 3 through August 14. Then watch your MU email account for information about the on-campus New Student Orientation program starting at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 19, 2021.
Countdown to College is LIVE!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!
Your orientation experience begins with the online Countdown to College, featuring over 40 workshops, meet-ups, and sessions to help you prepare for your start at Millersville University. During the ten days of programming, you’ll be able to:
- Participate in an exclusive five-part series from Collegiate Empowerment titled Bouncing Back From COVID. During this interactive and engaging five-part series, a team of Collegiate Empowerment Coaches will empower you to redefine what COVID means in a post-pandemic world. Through interactive “cams on/mute off” conversations, the CE Coaches will help you to reframe COVID to represent: Confidence, Obstacles, Vision, Insights, and Decisions so you take off with a successful launch into the 2021 academic year at Millersville!
- Connect with current students serving as your Orientation Leaders this August. Meet other incoming students and ask our “Orientation Experts” anything you would like to - about campus, academics, student life, athletics - during this forum.
- Learn about “Starfish,” the student success platform which will connect you with instructors, advisors, and key support services.
- Have your questions answered about the move-in process, parking & campus safety, and counseling services.
- Learn about the incredible resources available to you in the McNairy Library and Learning Forum.
- Hear from representatives of Campus Life and Campus Recreation to learn more about student clubs, intramurals and campus activities.
- Explore community expectations related to the University’s EPPIIC values and meet with representatives of MU’s faith communities.
- Attend a session on money management, studying abroad, planning your career, and how to obtain a mentor in your first year.
- Meet with representatives of academic departments to understand more about your program of study. (Not all academic departments are offering this online opportunity.)
- Take advantage of an exclusive online discount at the University Store on MU Spirit Day, Saturday, August 7!
Get registered today for the sessions which interest you most.
Some sessions are offered more than once to accommodate personal schedules. Parents and family members are welcome to attend with you or by registering on their own.
IN-Person New Student Orientation Information
An email with details about your on-campus orientation program is sent to your Millersville University email address in July. You then receive an invitation to download the GUIDEBOOK app, which provides you with access to the complete on-campus orientation schedule.
If you would prefer a paper schedule, click the download button for a printable copy.
Commuting students are required to attend orientation much in the same way that students are required to attend classes. A fee of $264 is included in your semester bill to cover the expenses associated with the program. Meals are provided to commuting students throughout the weekend program, encouraging you to participate in all the programming offered. Our commitment to campus service providers and material costs prevents the issuing of refunds should you be unable to attend the program.