Incoming Transfer Student Programs
We look forward to you joining us at Millersville University this fall!
Whether you’re transferring from another university, a community college, or military experience, we want your transition to Millersville University to go as smoothly as possible.
Transfer Transition Sessions
Spring and Summer
In order to best equip you with the tools and guidance on your next steps, we are hosting several Transfer Transition Sessions this spring and summer.
To set you up for a successful start, you will be expected to attend at least one session. Each session will be a little more than an hour-long with a small group of incoming transfers so that we can focus on your particular needs and concerns. The session will include opportunities to:
- Understand your transfer credit evaluation and review what you'll need to complete for an MU degree
- The “How-to” part of registration guidance, advisement, and preparing for online coursework with Brightspace D2L
- Explore campus life including housing, dining, and student organizations and involvement
- Receive instruction on completing tasks such as getting your student ID and parking decal
- Meet other incoming and current transfer students and have your questions answered
Transfer Transition Sessions will be held on multiple dates/times. More specific information about registering will be sent to your Millersville email account.
Transfer Student Orientation
The Countdown begins!
Your orientation experience begins with the online Countdown to College, featuring over 40 workshops, meet-ups, and sessions to help you prepare for your start at Millersville University. During the ten days of programming, you’ll be able to:
- Participate in an exclusive five-part series from Collegiate Empowerment titled Bouncing Back From COVID. During this interactive and engaging five-part series, a team of Collegiate Empowerment Coaches will empower you to redefine what COVID means in a post-pandemic world. Through interactive “cams on/mute off” conversations, the CE Coaches will help you to reframe COVID to represent: Confidence, Obstacles, Vision, Insights, and Decisions so you take off with a successful launch into the 2021 academic year at Millersville!
- Connect with current students serving as your Orientation Leaders this August. Meet other incoming students and ask our “Orientation Experts” anything you would like to - about campus, academics, student life, athletics - during this forum.
- Learn about “Starfish,” the student success platform which will connect you with instructors, advisors, and key support services.
- Have your questions answered about the move-in process, parking & campus safety, and counseling services.
- Learn about the incredible resources available to you in the McNairy Library and Learning Forum.
- Hear from representatives of Campus Life and Campus Recreation to learn more about student clubs, intramurals and campus activities.
- Explore community expectations related to the University’s EPPIIC values and meet with representatives of MU’s faith communities.
- Attend a session on money management, studying abroad, planning your career, and how to obtain a mentor in your first year.
- Meet with representatives of academic departments to understand more about your program of study. (Not all academic departments are offering this online opportunity.)
- Take advantage of an exclusive online discount at the University Store on MU Spirit Day, Saturday, August 7!
Get registered today for the sessions which interest you most.
Some sessions are offered more than once to accommodate personal schedules. Parents and family members are welcome to attend with you or by registering on their own.
Transfer students are required to attend an orientation much in the same way that students are required to attend classes. An orientation fee of $50 is applied to your semester bill to cover the expenses associated with the program you are required to attend.
Our commitment to campus service providers and material costs prevents the issuing of refunds should you be unable to attend the program.