Inclusive Practices - Graduate Program
The 100% online Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching (ACTE) Inclusive Practices program allows students to expand their experiences with diversity in education and incorporate instructional practices into their own classrooms that are more inclusive to the students with whom they work.
Why Study This Program
The Inclusive Practices concentration is a response to the increased diversity of preK-12 classrooms and the need for more inclusive instructional practices surrounding this diversity. This program will guide teachers in integrating new instructional practices more inclusive to their own student populations.
While Millersville offers other programs addressing special education, the Inclusive Practices concentration seeks to address additional forms of diversity found in today's schools.
The Inclusive Practices concentration offers a course of study for those teachers who want to broaden their instructional abilities and better meet the needs of today’s preK-12 learners.
What Will You Learn
This online MEd program consists of 33 total credits:
- 9 credits M.Ed. Core Courses
- 6 credits ACTE Core Courses
- 12 credits Concentration in Inclusive Practices
- 6 credits Thesis/Capstone Experience
- Math Teacher 7-12
- Social Studies Teacher 7-12
- English Teacher 7-12
- Science Teacher 7-12 (Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science, and/or Physics)
Clubs & Organizations
- American Chemical Society- Millersville University Chapter (ACS)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Biology Club at Millersville University
- Collegiate Middle Level Association of Millersville University (CMLA)
- Color of Teaching Mentoring Program (CoT)
- Computer Science Club at Millersville University (CSCMU)
- Early Childhood Organization (ECHO)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Society of Physics Students (SPS)
- Student PSEA at Millersville University (SPSEA)
- Technology and Engineering Education Collegiate Association at Millersville University (TEECA @ MU)
- Related Programs