Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program
About the Program
Each academic year, up to five students from the B.S. in Sport Administration program may be accepted for early admission into the M.Ed. in Sports Management program, allowing students to take four graduate courses during their Senior year. These courses will count towards both the student’s undergraduate and graduate degrees. The courses will be billed at the undergraduate tuition rate, saving a student over $7,000 when they graduate with both their undergraduate and graduate degrees.
MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE ACCELERATED PROGRAM:
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Earned 70 credits by the end of Winter session during the Junior year
- Of these credits, over half of the required B.S. Sport Administration courses must have been earned from Millersville University. These courses include: BUAD 161, 162, 231, 251; COMM 429; FIN 203; WSSD 311, 350, 358, 360 or 410, 454, & 483
- Complete a successful interview with the WSSD Graduate Committee
- A student must matriculate from the B.S. in Sport Administration program
- If accepted into the Accelerated program, the student must complete an application to the M.Ed. Sports Management program through the Millersville Graduate Studies program.
CURRICULUM TO BE FOLLOWED BY ACCEPTED ACCELERATED STUDENTS
After acceptance, students will enroll in the following classes during Senior year:
- Summer session (before Senior year) – WSSD 612
- Summer session (before Senior year) – WSSD 601
- Fall semester (Senior year) – WSSD 604
- Spring semester (Senior year) – WSSD 602
These four courses will count as WSSD elective courses within the B.S. in Sport Administration degree.
For students in this program, this would be an example of how you may finish both your Undergraduate and Graduate degrees in 5 years: 5-Year Plan
STANDARDS FOR B.S. SPORT ADMIN/M.ED. SPORT MANAGEMENT ACCELERATED PROGRAM
- Students in the accelerated program must adhere to Graduate Academic Standing policy outlined in the Graduate catalog for any graduate courses. All other MU graduate academic and other policies are applicable to all graduate course work.
- Once the four graduate courses are successfully completed during the Senior year and the student finishes all undergraduate requirements, the student may participate in the Undergraduate Commencement ceremony. At this point, the student will continue with completing Graduate level courses.
- If a student needs to complete additional undergraduate credits to finish the Bachelor’s degree (to reach 120 credits and/or all required courses), then this student will need to finalize undergraduate classes before taking any additional graduate courses.
- The maximum number of students accepted into the program is 5 undergraduate students per year.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Nov 1st
- Application due to WSSD for Accelerated program
- Between Nov and Mid-January
- WSSD will conduct interviews with qualified applicants
- Last week of January
- Winter Session course grades are finalized and GPAs are updated
- First week of February
- WSSD informs applicants of their status in the accelerated program
- End of February
- Students accepted into Accelerated program need to complete M.Ed. graduate application
Next application period will be Fall 2021.