Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change
The Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change involves Millersville University students with the local community in research projects and community support.
A few of our partners include
- Ambassadors for Hope
- Lancaster House Opportunity Partnership
- Lancaster Community Safety Coalition
- Compass Mark
One of our community partners, Ambassadors for Hope, accomplished one of it's goals: a Lancaster County family advocate for children who have a parent in prison. Thanks to the work of Bob Cooper, Dr. Mary Glazier, support of the Ambassadors for Hope executive committee, and Millersville University students, this position will be in place in 2015. Read more about it from the LNP LancasterOnline:
- Featured Article: County to Look at Needs of Children whose Parents are in Prison
- Parents behind bars- Children left in their wake
- Opinion: The Children of Incarcerated Parents need an Advocate
- Article about the community response: Christmas wishes touch of spirit of giving here
- Article about the County Commissioners vote: Children of Prisoners to get Special Services Advocate
Polling and Research Office
The Polling & Research Office is a nonpartisan research and polling office dedicated to providing high quality public opinion research and analysis serving the public interest.
Survey may be used but should reference Millersville’s Polling & Research Office.View More
Events and Resources
The Center for Public Scholarship engaging events are excellent opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and the community to share their interest in service learning and community-based research.
The Policy Conference is an annual event that engages the University family and the community-at-large in national dialogues of policy issues of interest to the region, nation, and the world. The format of the event includes general and breakout sessions with keynote speakers and other experts of national and international repute.
The Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change has developed a set of resources at your disposal, including links, journals, conference information, and grant opportunities.