The Department of Housing and Residential Programs supports the academic mission of Millersville University through proactive environments that are conducting eto learning, client-centered services that provide students with the tools to excel, and positive emersion experiences that challenge our residents to transform into tomorrow's leaders.
- Safe and secure living environments
- Well-maintained facilities
- Opportunities for learning, personal growth and development
- Respect for and dignity of the individual
- Responsible behavior
- Assessment and continuous improvement
- Staff committed to providing an exceptional ethic of care
Upcoming Release of LiveSafe App
LiveSafe is a high-tech, mobile safety tool that can be downloaded on smartphones. The app can be used in a number of different ways including to submit tips and information about unusual activity, it also allows the user's friends or family to virtually "walk" them to their destination. For more information about LiveSafe and to watch a video overview of he upcoming release, please click here
Common Hour Starts Fall 2015
Dear Members of the Millersville Community:
Starting this fall, Millersville University is implementing a “Common Hour” from 12:05 to 1:10 on Tuesdays and Thursday. The purpose of the Common Hour is to create a time dedicated to activities that support co-curricular learning and development of our students during a time when all students (residents and commuters alike), faculty, staff and others can share academic goals outside of the classroom. The common hours are a time where open and challenging dialog among students is encouraged, creativity can flourish, a sense of belonging is fostered, and opportunities for students to interact with others in an effort to further develop students’ life skills, connectedness to campus and promote opportunities for more students exercise their voices and passions and, together with faculty and staff, become more engaged with their campus community during an hour that does not conflict with scheduled class time.
Fall 2015 JAM CREW
Yes, it is the beginning of springtime, but we are already looking forward to next fall! In order for the residence halls to continue to be as successful as it has been, we’ll need some energetic, helpful, friendly volunteers who are serious about helping incoming new students AND their returning fellow students! In other words...WE’D LIKE YOU TO JOIN THE J.A.M. CREW!
What’s the J.A.M. Crew you ask? Its volunteers who offer assistance to incoming first year and transfer students by moving their belongings into their rooms, providing answers to questions. They also work with the staff to ensure a smooth transition for new students and helping building a healthy community within their residence hall and their orientation experience.
The following are expectations and responsibilities of members of the J.A.M Crew:
- Check in to your residence hall on Wednesday, August 19, 2015. Check in times are from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- A Continental breakfast will be provided at the training session on Thursday, August 20 in the atrium of the Student Memorial Center. Lunch will also be available at the residence hall you are helping on Thursday, August 20. No other meals will be provided. Meal plans will start at dinner on Sunday, August 23.
- Attend a short training session on Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 8:15 a.m. in the atrium of the Student Memorial Center.
- Help people move in throughout Hall Opening - August 20, 2015. This would include unload and carry boxes, help recycle, give directions, and give tours. You may be assigned to work in a different residence hall than the one you will be residing in for the fall.
- Have a GREAT TIME! This is your opportunity to make a positive, lasting impression on our new students!
Why Live on Campus?
Some of the highlights of living on campus include:
- Students at Millersville come from all over the world. You'll meet people from different cultures and have the opportunity to learn and live with others quite different from you.
- All rooms provide direct access to the Internet and wifi access
- Computer labs are nearby
- We have the only on-site food preparation facilities in the State System universities.
- Choose from two different dining halls or several other satellite eateries across campus to enjoy great food
- With your meal plan, you can enjoy a pizza, take-out meal, or snack.
- Shuttle bus service is provided to take you all over campus, in addition to several nearby shopping centers.
- University Police operate a late-night escort service.
- Jobs are available on campus - contact Housing for more details.
- There is an on-campus health center.
- Cable TV with a movie channel is provided in student rooms, free of charge.
- Peripheral doors are locked, and entrance to all halls is by electronic card access.
- Vending machines -- including washers, dryers, snack and soda machines make living in the halls more comfortable and convenient.
- Every hall has a kitchen except for Reighard and Shenks
- Vacuum cleaners may be borrowed from the Hall Office upon the presentation of your student ID.
Housing & Residential Programs
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Phone: (717) 871-4200
Fax: (717) 871-7965