The Department of Housing and Residential Programs at Millersville University is committed to designing and maintaining a supportive community environment that enhances the academic, personal and social development of residential students.
Furthermore, the Department pledges to foster inclusive communities that promote individual respect, civility, equality, and encourage responsibility to one's community.
2015 J.A.M. CREW
Dear Residential Student,
Yes, it is the beginning of springtime, but we are already looking forward to next fall! In order for the residence halls to continue to be as successful as it has been, we’ll need some energetic, helpful, friendly volunteers who are serious about helping incoming new students AND their returning fellow students! In other words...WE’D LIKE YOU TO JOIN THE J.A.M. CREW!
What’s the J.A.M. Crew you ask? Its volunteers who offer assistance to incoming first year and transfer students by moving their belongings into their rooms, providing answers to questions. They also work with the staff to ensure a smooth transition for new students and helping building a healthy community within their residence hall and their orientation experience.
The following are expectations and responsibilities of members of the J.A.M Crew:
- Check in to your residence hall on Wednesday, August 19, 2015. Check in times are from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- A Continental breakfast will be provided at the training session on Thursday, August 20 in the atrium of the Student Memorial Center. Lunch will also be available at the residence hall you are helping on Thursday, August 20. No other meals will be provided. Meal plans will start at dinner on Sunday, August 23.
- Attend a short training session on Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 8:15 a.m. in the atrium of the Student Memorial Center.
- Help people move in throughout Hall Opening - August 20, 2015. This would include unload and carry boxes, help recycle, give directions, and give tours. You may be assigned to work in a different residence hall than the one you will be residing in for the fall.
- Have a GREAT TIME! This is your opportunity to make a positive, lasting impression on our new students!
Housing & Residential Programs
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Phone: (717) 871-4200
Fax: (717) 871-7965