Undergraduate New Course Proposals and Changes


The forms and instructions below apply to individual course applications.  For curricular changes, please refer to the forms posted on the Faculty Senate web site (click here).

Undergraduate Course Proposals or Changes

Please complete the following forms to request a new undergraduate course or make changes to an existing course.  Detailed instructions for completing the forms are provided as PDFs.  

New UG Course Request   (revised 9-6-13)       Instructions  (PDF)

     WORD 97-2003 Version   

UG Course Change     (revised 9-6-13)

     WORD 97-2003 Version     

Please use the Course Resource Discussion Guide to begin a conversation of resources between the department and the dean. The proposer may need to work with the department chair or others to complete this.  The information provided guides preparation of the Decanal Resource Analysis by the school dean. The Decanal Resource Analysis is not part of the curricular review by faculty but must accompany the proposal when reviewed by faculty senate. Deans are asked to provide their analysis electronically to the Associate Provost and UCPRC chair after departmental and school approval.

Course Resource Guide (revised 9-6-13)

     WORD 97-2003 Version    

Following departmental approval, please email your completed document as a PDF file to the chair of your school/division curriculum committee and to your Dean (to prepare the decanal analysis).  E-mail the completed Course Resource Discussion Guide to your Dean.  Please circulate one hard-copy of the cover sheet for signatures.  

Requesting a General Education Label (link)

Distance Learning (DL) Requests

The DL application form (see link below) provides headings and space to address the critical elements of the DL application (WORD version only).  In completing this form, you may wish to consult the policy, which provides more detail about the criteria.  If it is a new course application, attach the response to the application.  If it is a DL application for an existing course, please forward the application to UCPRC (UG) or GCPRC (Grad) following departmental approval.