The Center for Health Education and Promotion
The Elsie S. Shenk Center for Health Education and Promotion provides lifestyle education programs, hosts awareness events and information tables, and provides educational resources to students on a wide collection of topics including: alcohol, body image, healthy relationships, nutrition, safer sex, sexual assault, and stress. Students are trained as peer educators to reach out to the campus community and provide individuals with important information on the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle, resources and services available at Millersville University, and how to safely make the most out of their college experience.
The Center for Health Education and Promotion contributes to fulfilling the educational mission of Millersville University through empowering students to make informed decisions and develop life-long skills that enhance their personal well being. The Center contributes to increasing the academic success, productivity and retention of students through providing current and relevant information about high risk behaviors; raising awareness about personal decision making and the impact decisions have on an individual and their community; and engaging students in meaningful opportunities to create a healthy community in which all students can achieve their personal and academic goals.
Peer Education Programs
Would you like the trained peer educators to present in your residence hall, for your organization, to help meet your Greek Life requirements, or in your classroom? We present on a variety of topics including:
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Mental Health
- Nutrition, physical activity and body image
- Sexual responsibility and healthy relationships
- Sexual violence
For additional details on how to request our programs, please visit the peer education program tab on the left side of this page.
- We are currently accepting applications for Peer Educators to start training in March 2014 with their paid position starting August 2014. Applications are due February 21, 2014 at 4pm
- Would you like the trained peer educators to present one of our lifestyle workshops in your resident hall, at an organization meeting, for one of your Greek Life requirements, or in class? To find our online request form click on peer education program in the orange navigation section on the left side of this screen.
- Health Services provides a lactation room for all nursing mothers looking for privacy. Call 717-872-3250 for additional information.
- The Elsie S. Shenk Wellness and Women's Center was recently renamed the Elsie S. Shenk Center for Health Education and Promotion. The new name was selected to best reflect the programming and services being provided on campus.
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Tel: (717) 872-3841
Interested in requesting one of our peer education programs? Visit the peer education link on the left side of this screen and then follow to the contact us page found on the Peer Education page.