Department of Earth Sciences
This webpage provides a brief review of the local earthquakes, as well as several interesting graphics relating to Pennsylvania earthquakes and statistics. All products were developed by Dr. Charles Scharnberger, Professor of Geology at
- M.U. Seismic Data (real-time & archive)
- Did You Feel It? https://earthquake.usgs.gov/data/dyfi/
- Relative Earthquake Hazard Zones for Pennsylvania
- Near real-time Seismic Monitor (courtesy of IRIS).
- Lancaster County Epicenters Map.
- Pennsylvania Epicenters Map.
- Probabilistic Hazard Maps: 50 Years and 250 Years.
Contours are the values of peak ground acceleration that have a 90% probability of not being exceeded in 50 years and 250 years, respectively.
- Center for Earthquake Research and Information
- IRIS Education and Outreach
- CNSS Earthquake Catalog
Department of Earth Science
Millersville, PA 17551-0302