Women's Giving Circle
What is the Women's Giving Circle?
Established in 2010, the Women's Giving Circle of Millersville University strives to inspire, educate, and empower women, alumnae, students, and staff to make a positive impact and to continue a tradition of philanthropy and leadership.
- Increase the financial support provided to female students at Millersville University
- Provide educational and empowering programming and leadership opportunities that support Millersville University women professionally, academically, and personally
- Create a network of positive role models and mentors that offers encouragement and support for Millersville University women
- Inspire Millersville alumnae to remain involved in supporting future generations of female Millersville University students
- Increase the visibility of women leaders and supporters of Millersville University
Save the Date
The 6th Annual Power of the Purse is scheduled for Tuesday, April 12, 2016 in the Ford Atrium at Millersville University.
Meet the 2015-2016 Women's Giving Circle Scholarship Recipients
The Women's Giving Circle awarded two scholarships in 2015. Taylor Lagler (left) is a Mathematics Major with concentrations in Statistics and Actuarial Sciences at Millersville University. Jocelyn Lurie (right) is an Early Childhood/Special Education Major at Millersville University.
Pictured (l-r) Taylor Lagler '17, Vivian Anderson, Jocelyn Lurie '16
5th Annual Power of the Purse
The 2015 Power of the Purse, a fundraising event for the Women's Giving Circle Dorothy L Connolly Scholarship, was held on April 15th at Millersville University. We are pleased to announce that over $1,000 was raised for the scholarship and over 40 purses were donated for Milagro House. Thank you for all who attended and donated!
2nd Annual Career Connections
On November 12, 2015, the Women’s Giving Circle and the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management hosted the 2nd Annual Career Connections Lunch. The lunch provided female students with the opportunity to meet female alumnae in order to build connections, explore career choices, and develop stronger goals.
Pictured (l-r) Kathy Brabson (co-chair), Donna Deerin-Ward, Bev Breniser (co-chair)
- Spring 2015 Newsletter (PDF)
- Spring 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2013 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Spring 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- Founder Committee Member - $1,000 or more
- Leadership Committee Member - $500 or more
- Circle Committee Member - $250 or more
- Recent Graduate Committee Member - $100 or more
For more information, please contact Alice McMurry at 717-872-7520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.