Women's Giving Circle
What is the Women's Giving Circle?
Established in 2010, the Women's Giving Circle of Millersville University strives to inspire, educate, and empower women, alumnae, students, and staff to make a positive impact and to continue a tradition of philanthropy and leadership.
- Increase the financial support provided to female students at Millersville University
- Provide educational and empowering programming and leadership opportunities that support Millersville University women professionally, academically, and personally
- Create a network of positive role models and mentors that offers encouragement and support for Millersville University women
- Inspire Millersville alumnae to remain involved in supporting future generations of female Millersville University students
- Increase the visibility of women leaders and supporters of Millersville University
Power of the Purse 2013
Held on April 9, 2013, this annual scholarship fundraising was a great success! Thank you to all who participated and contributed to the Women's Giving Circle Scholarship. Together we raised almost $5,000 for the Women's Giving Circle Endowment!
Meet the 2013 Women's Giving Circle Scholarship Recipient
Briana Zeager is a Government and Politcal Affairs/Pre-Law major with a minor in English at Millersville University.
Why did you choose MU?
I am a transfer student to Millersville University. I spent my freshman year at Washington College, in Chestertown Maryland. I chose to come to Millersville because of its reputation for a stellar education at a more affordable cost than my previous institution. I am so thankful to have made the switch. My education at Millersville has been pleasantly more challenging, and I feel that I have grown so much more as a student because of the University’s rigorous curriculum.
How do you spend your time outside of the classroom?
Most of my time outside of the classroom is dedicated to my studies. I am very serious about maintaining my grades in order to prepare for law school after graduation. When I am not studying, I dedicate my most of my free time to my job as a Resident Assistant. I enjoy being creative, and working on decorations is a way for me to relax while being productive.
What is something unique about yourself?
I enjoy traveling very much. I have been to about 45 of the 50 states, and have been out of the country multiple times. Visiting national parks is one of my particular passions. I enjoy backpacking, hiking, and exploring new places. I hope to have more of a chance to do so once I have completed my education.
Pictured (l-r) Kathy Brabson '70, Ph.D., Kelly Davis '95, Briana Zeager '14 (scholarship recipient), Jane Hershberger, PhD '04, Betsy Faga '66
Check back for the 2014 Women' Giving Circle Scholarship Application!
- Founder Committee Member - $1,000 or more
- Leadership Committee Member - $500 or more
- Circle Committee Member - $250 or more
- Recent Graduate Committee Member - $100 or more
For more information, please contact Linda Roush at 717-872-3820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.