Women's Giving Circle
What is the Women's Giving Circle?
Established in 2010, the Women's Giving Circle of Millersville University strives to inspire, educate, and empower women, alumnae, students, and staff to make a positive impact and to continue a tradition of philanthropy and leadership.
- Increase the financial support provided to female students at Millersville University
- Provide educational and empowering programming and leadership opportunities that support Millersville University women professionally, academically, and personally
- Create a network of positive role models and mentors that offers encouragement and support for Millersville University women
- Inspire Millersville alumnae to remain involved in supporting future generations of female Millersville University students
- Increase the visibility of women leaders and supporters of Millersville University
Check back in Fall 2014 for the 2015-2016 Scholarship Application!
Meet the 2014 Women's Giving Circle Scholarship Recipients
For the first time, the Women's Giving Circle was able to award two scholarships in 2014. Melissa Sell (right) is a Biology Major at Millersville University. Shapre Ranson (left) is a Social Work Major at Millersville University.
Pictured (l-r) Melissa Sell '14, Kathy Brabson '70, PhD., Shapre Ranson '14
4th Annual Power of the Purse
The 2014 Power of the Purse, a fundraising event for the Women's Giving Circle Dorothy L Connolly Scholarship, was held on March 27 at the Ware Center, Lancaster. We are pleased to announce that almost $3,500 was raised for the scholarship and over 40 purses were donated for Milagro House. Thank you for all who attended and donated! Check back in the fall for the 2015 event date!
- Spring 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2013 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Spring 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- Founder Committee Member - $1,000 or more
- Leadership Committee Member - $500 or more
- Circle Committee Member - $250 or more
- Recent Graduate Committee Member - $100 or more
For more information, please contact Alice McMurry at 717-872-3820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.