The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office provides the Millersville University Community with a variety of fire safety and fire protection services.
Important Fire Safety Information
- How to safely evacuate a building
- Information on building evacuation procedures for those with disabilities
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- Fire, Police, Ambulance, Medical Emergency - dial 911
- Non-Emergency Medical Care (MU Health Services)- dial 871-5250
- Millersville University Police - dial 871-4357
- Millersville University Facilities Operations - dial 871-7874 or 871-7875
- Millersville University Environmental Health & Safety - dial 871-4950
- Schedule and conduct semi-annual academic and administration building practice fire drills
- Assist Housing and Residential Programs staff in conducting practice fire drills in resident life buildings
- Schedule and conduct other practice fire drills as needed
- The Millersville University Fire Safety Program can be found here.
- Part 1(pdf)
- Part 2 (pdf)
- Fire safety provisions of the Student Code of Conduct (for those residing in MU housing) can be found here.
- Conduct fire safety training for Housing and Residential Programs staff and other groups as needed.
- Conduct fire extinguisher training for MU Community
- If you would like to schedule fire safety and/or fire extinguisher training please contact Patrick Weidinger at 717-871-4240
Inspections and Audits
- Conduct routine building and facility inspections for fire safety compliance.
- Take corrective action to remedy fire safety hazards
Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Assist University Police in preparing annual fire safety statistics for inclusion into the MU Cleary Act report