MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office provides the Millersville University Community with a variety of fire safety and fire protection services.
Important Fire Safety Information
- How to safely evacuate a building
- Information on building evacuation procedures for those with disabilities
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- Fire, Police, Ambulance, Medical Emergency - dial 3-911 or 911
- Non-Emergency Medical Care (MU Health Services)- dial 872-3250
- Millersville University Police - dial 872-3433
- Millersville University Facilities Operations - dial 872-3282 or 872-3275
- Millersville University Environmental Health & Safety - dial 872-3017 or 872-3715
- Schedule and conduct semi-annual academic and administration building practice fire drills
- Assist Housing and Residential Programs staff in conducting practice fire drills in resident life buildings
- Schedule and conduct other practice fire drills as needed
- The Millersville University Fire Safety Program can be found here.
- Part 1(pdf)
- Part 2 (pdf)
- Fire safety provisions of the Student Code of Conduct (for those residing in MU housing) can be found here.
- Conduct fire safety training for Housing and Residential Programs staff and other groups as needed.
- Conduct fire extinguisher training for MU Community
- If you would like to schedule fire safety and/or fire extinguisher training please contact Patrick Weidinger at 717-872-3715 or Jon Driscoll at 717-871-5111.
Inspections and Audits
- Conduct routine building and facility inspections for fire safety compliance.
- Take corrective action to remedy fire safety hazards
Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Assist University Police in preparing annual fire safety statistics for inclusion into the MU Cleary Act report