Army ROTC offers merit-based four-, three-, and two-year scholarships to the most outstanding students who apply. Army ROTC scholarships at Millersville University cover the cost of tuition and all mandatory fees. Additionally, each scholarship winner receives a tax-free subsistence allowance of $300, $350, or $400 per month (based on academic year group), for up to 10 months each year and $600 annually for books and fees each year the scholarship is in effect.
General scholarship eligibility requirements are that applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 17 years of age by Oct 1 of his/her freshman year and younger than 23 on June 30 of that year. He/she must not reach 27th birthday by June 30 of year in which student graduates from college and receives Army commission.
- Have no moral obligation or personal conviction that will prevent him/her from supporting and defending the Constitution of the U.S. against all enemies and have no moral obligation or personal conviction, which will prevent the student from conscientiously bearing arms.
- Be able to satisfactorily explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction.
- Achieve a 920 or higher on the SAT or 19 on the ACT.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Meet required physical standards.
- Agree to accept a commission in the U.S. Army.
The Army ROTC Four-Year Scholarship Program gives students who have graduated high school the opportunity to attend college and also earn a commission through participation in the ROTC scholarship program. The Four-year Scholarship application process starts early, so apply early. To apply for a National Scholarship go to www.armyrotc.com.
Two-Year & Three-Year On-campus Scholarships
Each year, thousands of two- and three-year Army ROTC scholarships are available on campuses nationwide. In addition, some four-year retroactive scholarships are available. Applicants must be freshmen or sophomores and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application. Students must also complete all required freshman and sophomore ROTC courses prior to their junior year. Students interested must see or call the Millersville University Army ROTC Enrollments Officer at (717) 871-5900.
Leaders' Training Course Offers Two-Year Scholarships
The Leaders' Training Course at Fort Knox, Kentucky during the summer following their sophomore year. This five-week program can be taken in lieu of the first two years of ROTC. The student will be paid while at Fort Knox and transportation, lodging, and food are paid at government expense. Students incur no obligation to the Army for attending this program. Upon his/her return to campus, the student may accept a scholarship (if offered) and contract with the Army, thereby incurring an obligation to the Army upon graduation and commissioning. Students interested must see or call the Millersville University Army ROTC Enrollments Officer at (717) 871-5900.
The Army ROTC Green to Gold Scholarship
Program provides selected active duty enlisted members of the Army an opportunity to complete their baccalaureate degree requirements and obtain a commission through participation in the ROTC scholarship program. Additional Info Here