Polling & Research Office
Survey may be used but should reference Millersville’s Polling & Research Office.
The goals of the Polling & Research Office are as follows:
- to support faculty and student empirical research
- to conduct research projects tied to Civic & Community Engagement and Research Project priorities
- to conduct fee-for-service projects for clients
- to collect data for clients
The Office offers start to finish services to assist clients with all aspects of the survey research process:
- work with clients in selecting an appropriate research methodology and sampling strategy to meet study objectives
- develop survey instrument(s) and consult on question wording, format, ordering, and scaling
- conduct Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing, software for collecting survey data based on structured questionnaires, using telephone or face-to-face interviewing, web surveys, or self-administered procedures
Analysis and Reporting
- prepare statistical analyses and reports of survey results in a variety of formats: descriptive statistics, tables, weighted or un-weighted results, multivariate analysis, and other statistical techniques; and methodology reports, narrative reports, executive summaries/press materials, qualitative or content analysis, and raw data
The Polling & Research Office is a member of the Association for Computer Assisted Surveys, a consortium of survey-related organizations.
For more information, please send an email to the Center for Public Scholarship.