Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
International Tutor Training Program
The Tutoring Center at Millersville University provides tutor training for the International Tutor Training Cerification Program. The College of Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) sponsors this program that certifies tutors at three levels. CRLA Tutor Certification provides professional standards for tutor training and establishes credibility for tutoring programs. Certification from CRLA gives recognition and positive reinforcement for the successful work of tutors. CRLA Tutor Certification transfers to other certifying colleges and universities. CRLA Tutor Certification is an impressive addition to one's resume and professional certification.
The Tutoring Center at Millersville University offers CRLA Tutor Certification for Level 1 and Level 2 Tutor Training. We are currently developing Level 3* Training. The requirements for Level 1 and Level 2 certification are as follows:
- 10 hours of tutor training
- 25 hours of tutoring experience
Level 2 - By invitation only. Contact the Tutoring Center for details.
- 10 hours of tutor training beyond Level 1
- 25 hours of actual tutoring experience after completion of all Level 1 requirements (a minimum of 50 cumulative hours of actual tutoring)
Tutor Training provides a helpful addition to one's resume. Tutor Training certification can be transferred from our University to other Universities. Most importantly, Tutor Training provides professional standards for tutoring.
Spring 2013 Tutor Training - Level 1 & Level 2
Tutor Training Dates:
To be announced
Level 2 (By invitation only):
To be announced
*Specialized training for tutors to help their tutees improve and utilize critical thinking in their courses