Cost Savings Initiatives
To create savings in supplies and energy costs while reducing our carbon footprint.
To implement multi-function devices University-wide and reduce the need and dependence on desktop printers, copiers and faxes.
Benefits of Multi-Function Device Implementation
- Standard configurations include upgrades (in most cases) which include copy, print, scan and fax features, stapling and sorting on most, additional paper trays based on anticipated volume and postscript option for MAC printing. Standard configuration includes data overwrite security software
- Considerable cost and environmental savings – trees, CO2, energy
- Includes full maintenance program – no unexpected costs and consistent service
- Additional savings accrue as inkjet/desktop printers move to multi–function devices
- Broker purchase of current traded in machines with hard drives erased
- Extensive training on a user by user and/or group basis
- Monitoring and ongoing reporting allows users the opportunity to review and manage actual usage, threshold and impact on budget
Please click on the below slide to see full presentation.
Budget Suggestions Feedback
The Budget Office has received many suggestions and comments. Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm. Many suggestions are repeats of others, some are very specific to people, programs and activities.
In an effort to keep you informed of the Budget Transformation cost savings that have occurred over the past several years, the Budget Office will feature some of the implemented cost-savings initiatives. Our goal is to let you know we have been fiscally prudent in these difficult budget times and your feedback and ideas have been valued.